Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1...Again

So to be honest I started Day 1 almost a year ago when I joined CrossFit in March 2010.  I had thought my quest to beach abs and Ninja Warrior was just a few months away, but this thing called work had other plans.  I had to go on quite a bit of travel and lost a lot of my progress at the hotel bar and taking in the local cuisine after 16 hour days.  And just to make it more interesting I injured my knee and learned that pushing through the pain at 28 is not the same as it was when I was 16.  But I guess that really doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters is today is DAY 1.  And why is today Day 1?  Well I suppose because its the day I finally got myself together and realized that  "OMG I SIGNED UP TO DO A SPRINT TRI ON MAY 8TH AND I GET TIRED JUST THINKING OF IT"

Now, I know what you're thinking and NO... I was sober when I signed up and Yes, I have an explanation.  See, I suffer from an abundance of fit friends, a love of free beer, and prizes.  All of these things can be found at any well organized race or event.  Especially the ones with costume contests and mud.  My problems is, well, all my friends are done before me and I don't end up in any of the post race pictures or I miss out on the moments they all talk about on the car ride home.  But not this year.  This is my last year of the 20's and I plan on getting myself together before 30.

so today was Day 1 of The 29 Plan and the Tri Training.  I managed to get myself to CrossFit and when that was over I managed to get a mile out.  I have no idea what I weigh as I was too afraid to get on the scale but I know its not good.  When I feel brave maybe I'll post it, for now just know my pants are tight, and I am not looking forward to putting on my swim suit this week.

WOD
5 Rounds increasing weight
5x Dumbbell Dead lift
5x Dumbbell Hang Cleans
5x Dumbbell Push Press
5x Dumbbell Squats
Maxed out at 25lb Dumbbells

1.16 miles 16 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment