Sunday, October 9, 2011

Paleo and Pain

Ok the title is misleading, the paleo did not cause the pain....not all of it anyway but it did prohibit me from easing it in my normal fashion---beer and tailgate foods.  The majority of the pain came from watching the Texas-OU game, but that's a long sad story we don't have time for here.

The first day of the challenge was off to a sputter.  As the challenge was a little last minute decision, I had already planned a mini tailgate for the game today.  So breakfast was of the McDonalds variety, but I did cut out the hash brown, most of the pancakes, and half the Englisher muffin.  And I did limit myself to 1 beer to ease the sting.  Lunch/dinner and my snacks the rest of the day went really well though.  In fact, I was given a super surprise at lunch--Cauliflower Rice.  OK, I know it sounds gross and weird but it was really really good, and It really tasted a lot like rice.  Texture was close, and the taste was almost the same.  It even passed the Bobcat test...and I don't think he likes cauliflower.

No Crossfit today, but took the dog on a 2 mile walk.  My flair up is pretty much gone now, a slight red mark is still on my foot and the ankle is just slightly stiff.

Bet you wouldnt have known that wasnt rice if I hadnt told you




                                          Veggie Chips
Avocado Deviled Eggs---Might be better than the original

No comments:

Post a Comment