Sunday, March 13, 2011

Injury and set back

So I don't know what is wrong with my foot..now feet and knee.
I have been to 2 doctors with a follow coming up for each.  Some of the swelling is down thanks to doc #2, but I have been ordered to avoid workouts.  So this crazy Lent idea I had to go stone cold Paleo is a little bit of a blessing now as that's the only thing that is going to get me fit at the moment.  I was hoping that swimming would be ok but the doc said nothing.  I now wish I had those weird breathing videos my dorm-mate would do when she ordered me out of the room.  And of course this whole weekend has been beautiful and biketastic :(  At least Mr. Dog got a work out since we were dog sitting for a friend this weekend. 

I think its safe to say unless there is a dramatic break through in this medical mystery that Warrior Dash on April 2 is out of the picture.  And I will be lucky to get through my first try on May 8th with the 3 weeks this is going to set me back.  I really hope on Friday he says its ok for me to do something even if its just upper body stuff while sitting on a chair.  I guess really that should be secondary right now to me being able to put a shoe on for work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment