Sunday, May 8, 2011

The End of the Pity Party (?)

The past two months or so have been a real whirlwind of events and emotions.  My setback has cost me my first Tri, my CrossFit comeback, and running.  Its also cost me any progress I had made and a lot of stress.  I can say that even though I have been unable to really work out, I have been constantly exhausted with all the mental ups and downs.  Going from scared to angry to scared really takes a toll on the body and not in a good way.  But I have had enough, and now that I have a mini green light to get back to it I am going to attack it before anything else happens.

I was unable to sign up for the CrossFit Long Beach Leaning Challenge, and I was excited that Bobcat was going to do a mini challenge with me at home, but now that seems to be a bust.  So now its just a me challenge I guess.  Just me, a bike, a pool(?), and a better diet.  I am not clear to do any impact sports yet :(  So I took my day 1 pictures today  and they are sad to look at and I am very hopeful that day 30 will be a lot better.  I have been debating if i should post my pics and stats here, and I think I might have to sleep on it.  Even semi anonymous, the girl in me refuses to want to post those damn numbers.  I do plan on putting my daily food log on here once I figure out how I want to format it for this site.

Also, on a sad note...I have lost my running buddy before we had a chance to really gel.  Mr. Dog has been diagnosed with bad hips and is not a good candidate for corrective surgery.  until we can find another option there is no running, jumping, dog beach, and pretty much anything he normally likes to do.  I don't know who is more devastated by this news, Mr. Dog or Me.  Man, it has really not been a good couple months at the Chunky Munke household, June better bring some new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment