Monday, August 15, 2011

2011 Sucks....so far

2011 has not been the year of the Chunke Munky.  No sir, it has not been a good year at all.  But starting today I am going to try to get a grip on the little bit of this situation I can control.  After all, when life hands you lemons you go find some tequila!

My illness has acted up some, so my feet turned hobbit like and I was dead tired for 2 weeks.  To make it worse I was back home at the time for a sad event and was determined not to make an issue of it.  In the aftermath of it all I gained a million pounds and my knee feels like crap.  And to make it worse Uncle Karl is releasing a collection for Macy's and I am pretty sure I wont fit into it.  So what does this all have in common---me.  I can't control the flare up and I can't control death but I can control me.  So what I need to do is get myself together and get some discipline. 

I have 5 weeks to get ready for Fight Gone Bad.  In these 5 weeks I need to do a 1 hour workout 5 days out of the week, if possible do 2 a days with the bike.  I also need to get to 80% paleo, or at least clean up my diet.  I did a weigh in today, not proud of the numbers and after that I was too afraid to ask for measurements at CrossFit...maybe I will try Wednesday if my courage is up.  So in 5 weeks I hope to not only see a change in the scales, but in the clothes and the fitness.  If not, its going to be a long and sad 17 minutes at Fight Gone Bad.

WOD:
4 Rounds for Time
500m row with 3 min rest between
2 min Wallball challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment