Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food...NOM NOM NOM!!!!

If it wasn't evident upon meeting me, let me put it out there....I LOVE FOOD!
I love all kinds of food.  In fact the more food I discover, the more food I love.  There are foods out there just waiting for me to love them, and trust me I fully intend to.  One of the biggest regrets I have in life is that my culinary education did not begin until I was almost 20.  As a kid I grew up in a town dominated by Mexican and standard fast food.  At home we had, you guessed it, Mexican food and standard American fare.  Vegetables were pretty much corn and green beans.  Proteins were beef, chicken, pork, eggs and beans.  Fish was...well if we had it it was tuna or fish sticks.    Don't get me wrong.  Its not like I grew up with total crap food.  I had awesome food.  The thought of my Grandma's mole' makes me homesick, and memories of my Grandpa's meatloaf bring tears to my eyes.  It was excellent food....it was just pretty much the same.  I didn't discover new food until I left for college.  There I met all sorts of new people and with them all sorts of new food.  At first I was hesitant, but after diving in there was no turning back.  First came broccoli, then came thai, and sushi, and pho, and then all the wonderful new meats.  Now, I love going out to eat with people.  I love when they take me to places I've never been and introduce me to foods I've never had and in turn, cultures and traditions and new ideas to take home.  Mixing foods and trying to recreate them is just as much fun as eating them.  And its this idea that I hope will help me embrace my 80% paleo goal.  I worry that I will get stuck eating just meat and salad over and over, so I am excited to try to make substitutions.  I hope to have a paleo version of ramen, and pad thai, and find fun new ways to spice the meats.  So I will try to post pictures of all my culinary experiments, and adventures that make the paleo cut!  On a side note, -4lbs in the first week of going 80% paleo, and that was with no workouts because I was sick, so hopefully a bigger number with crossfit and biking this week!
WOD:
5 rep max deadlift--115lbs

8 Rounds for reps
20second push press 55lbs
rest 10 seconds
20 second body squats
rest 10 seconds
Total-48 push press, 66 squats


                                             lobster (minus bobcats mashed potatos)
                                      Almond crusted poached eggs and broccoli
                                                     Ratatouille
                                     bobcat like his ratatouille on whole wheat pasta
                          bacon, alvacado, tomato, egg salad with greek dressing
                                  rosemary chicken, with mixed steamed veggies
                                            blue crab in classic old bay

No comments:

Post a Comment